U.S. Soccer Girls’ Training Center Program
U.S. Soccer conducts training sessions by invitation only to identify players with Youth National Team potential. Girls’ Training Centers (TC) are designed to improve player identification, player development, and coach development. TC’s are setup to provide high-level training for players in a motivating and challenging environment. Elite players from any team, club, or organization are eligible to attend at no cost to the player, as long as the player is a current U.S. Citizen or in the process of working towards such citizenship.
- U.S. Soccer Training Centers are free, single-day player development/identification opportunities for local players by invitation only.
- Training Centers allow U.S. Soccer coaches to connect with and track, identify, and recommend players for Youth National Team camps.
- Approximately 240 U.S. Soccer Training Centers are run per year around the country in 26 different markets in the United States.
- Ages: 11- 14 years old.
- Each U.S. Soccer Training Center will feature a specific age group.
- Local youth clubs, professional clubs, colleges, leagues or state associations provide the facility.
- Training Centers are designed to help develop technical proficiency and speed of play.
- Players should be comfortable using both feet, as well as comfortable using different surfaces of their feet (sole, inside, outside, top) to strike a ball.
- GK specific training is provided at each TC.
- Parents are permitted to observe Girls’ Training Centers, however they are not allowed on the playing field and should simply observe the session. Youth coaches are always encouraged to attend TC’s.
- Direct written feedback will not be provided to participants.
- Feedback can be provided on field during sessions.
- Training Centers cannot be used as a tool for clubs or college coaches to recruit players.
- The recruitment of players from one club to another at training centers is strictly prohibited.
BAD WEATHER PROTOCOL
- In the event a TC is cancelled due to bad weather, players will be notified by their coach liaison or the Girls’ Training Center Liaison.