Participant: Sylvia White – Age 10 – Northwest Kiwanis Youth Soccer
Reason for selection: Sylvia was thrilled to be picked as the All-Star Spotlight! Her positive attitude on the field pairs well with her speed and natural left foot. Her first Women’s National Team game was a 1-0 win over Germany in the freezing rain (SheBelieves Cup 2018), and she is looking forward to the cold on Thursday night!
- Who is your favorite U.S. Soccer player and why?
- For the Men’s Team… definitely Gyasi Zardes. I enjoy watching him play for my favorite club team (Columbus Crew) and I never miss a game! For the Women’s Team… Megan Rapinoe! I did a report on here for school and enjoyed learning about her style and all the medals and awards she has won.
- Why do you love soccer?
- It’s my favorite sport to play, watch and learn tricks. I love watching games and learning from the pros.
- What is the most important lesson you have learned from playing sports?
- Always have good sportsmanship and don’t be afraid to try new things (just not goalie).
- What are you most looking forward to in 2022?
- To do well in school and playing soccer again this spring and meeting my new teammates. Also for Covid to be over.
- Who inspires you the most and why?
- My teachers and soccer coaches (JP and Mom) because they are always there for me and always want me to do my best.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Movie director, writer, producer… already have my first movie complete!
- What or who are you thankful for?
- My friends, family, and my cats Sam and Betty.