u.s. soccer talent identification
Welcome to Talent Identification (TID)
TALENT ID - THE HOME OF YOUTH SCOUTING FOR U.S. SOCCER.
With expertise in youth scouting, Talent ID is the leading department in search for future national team players. Talent ID Collaborates with Youth National Teams, Sporting Analytics, Coaching Education and High Performance.
MISSION AND PHILOSOPHY
To identify and monitor players for Youth National Teams and make a meaningful impact on the evolving soccer landscape by raising the level of youth scouting through Talent ID education and awareness.
- Talent is developed in the “right” environment
- Talent identification starts with the clubs, for which they need quality, diverse and expansive scouting networks
- Identification and examination must happen in the context of the game, taking into consideration the conditions, level and demands
- Players develop at different rates and their performance trajectory is non-linear
- Talent identification is a long-term examination and monitoring process, where current performance and future potential are influenced by environment, age, and maturation
- When looking for an ideal talent, the key or exceptional qualities of a player are different for every club and/or federation because it should be connected to their identity (core values, style of play/principals, culture)
- Scouts need to use a common structure for examining players and speak the same language
- Scouts must gather information that is objective (factual) vs subjective (opinions) and apply a quantitative analysis throughout the examination, reporting and decision-making process
- In a gender-neutral talent identification framework with a gender-specific scouting strategy
- In building relationships with all communities