- Position Defender
- Number 3
- Date of Birth Oct 12 1992
- Hometown Oak Hills, CA
- Height 6' 1"
- Club LAFC
NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Has captained the U.S. five times, with the team amassing an unblemished 5-0-0 record with all wins coming by shutout
- Nominated as a finalist for the 2019 U.S. Soccer Male Player of the Year
- Became the first USMNT defender to record two goals in a match, tallying the brace during the 6-0 Gold Cup win against Trinidad & Tobago on June 22
- Named to 2019 Gold Cup Best XI
- Earned his first international appearance at the age of 26 in a 1-1 draw with Peru on Oct. 16, 2018 in East Hartford, Conn.
2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING
- An achilles injury suffered in May 2021 limited his participation to two of the 14 Octagonal Round games, both substitute appearances during the March 2022 window.
- He made a 10-minute appearance to help seal the crucial draw at Mexico on March 24 and played 25 minutes in the 5-1 win against Panama three days later
- Appeared in all 34 games for the New York Red Bulls in 2018, helping the club win the Supporters Shield and earning an MLS All-Star selection en route to becoming the first Red Bulls player to win MLS Defender of the Year.
- In February 2022, named team captain by the Red Bulls. He is the first player in franchise history to sign with New York Red Bulls II, to earn promotion to the senior team and be named captain
- Born in Oak Hills, California and attended Serrano High School, lettering in football and soccer before playing four years of college soccer at UC Riverside between 2010-2013.
- Parents are Dan and Kandi Long
- Enjoys spending time with his wife Elise and daughter, Kaia Rae Long born on June 19, 2020.
- Former USMNT captain Carlos Bocanegra was his favorite soccer player growing up and Kobe Bryant was his favorite Athlete.
- Prior to earning an MLS contract, worked construction during two offseasons while playing in the USL