- Position Forward
- Number 24
- Date of Birth Feb 20 2000
- Hometown O’Fallon, MO
- Height 5' 10"
- Club Norwich City (England)
NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Was called in for the USA’s final preparation matches in September, playing 45 minutes in the 2-0 defeat to Japan, marking his first action with the USMNT since Sept 2021.
- Scored three goals against Cuba in two matches during Concacaf Nations League group play in 20100, including a brace on Nov. 19 and started in the final against Mexico, which the USA won 3-2 in extra time on June 6, 2021 in Denver.
- Earned his first cap and scored his first goal on May 28, 2018 in a friendly 3-0 win over Bolivia. At 18 years and 102 days he became the second youngest player to score for the USMNT in his debut game.
- Named 2017 U.S. Soccer Young Male Player of the Year.
- That November he was called up to the USMNT for a friendly against Portugal. Although he did not play, he became the first USA player called to camps with the U-17, U-20 and senior teams in the same calendar year.
- In 2017 played for the U.S. at both the FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea and the FIFA U-17 World Cup in India. Sargent’s four goals in Korea garnered him the Silver Boot at the U-20 tournament and he added three more for the U-17s that fall in India.
2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING
- Played in the first three matches of the Octagonal on Sept. 2, 5 and 8, 2021 against El Salvador, Canada and Honduras, respectively; starting two and coming on late against Canada.
- Voted Norwich Player of the Month for August and September 2022.
- Scored first two Premier League goals against Watford in a 3-0 win on Jan. 21, 2021, and also scored twice against Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup.
- After scoring 11 goals in 83 games in all competitions with Werder Bremen, on Aug. 9, 2021 he was transferred to English Premier League side Norwich City and signed a four-year contract.
- On December 7, 2018 he scored his first goal less than two minutes after coming on for his Bundesliga debut in a 3-1 win over Fortuna Dusseldorf, becoming the first player in the USMNT's modern era (1990-present) to score in both his international and professional league debuts.
- On Feb. 20, 2018 - his 18th birthday - signed with Werder Bremer of the German Bundesliga. The two had come two terms in September 2017. He scored seven goals in 12 matches with Werder Bremen II in the German fourth tier.
- Grew up in the St. Louis, MO suburb of O’Fallan with sisters Taylor and Alyssa and their parents, Jeff and Liane.
- Played club soccer with St. Louis Scott Gallagher before joining the U.S. Residency Program in Bradenton, Florida after two years at St. Dominic High School.
- Married Kirsten Lepping and they have a daughter born in January 2022.
- Comes from athletic family. Dad played basketball and soccer in college, mom played soccer and softball, and both sisters play soccer.
- Josh also played hockey, basketball, football and baseball as a kid.
U. S. MNT