USA vs. Martinique
2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Group B
July 12, 2017
Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla.
Live Broadcast: 9 p.m. ET on FS1, UniMas and UDN
Today’s U.S. MNT Starting XI vs. Martinique: 1-Brad Guzan (capt.), 3-Omar Gonzalez, 8-Jordan Morris, 9-Gyasi Zardes, 15-Eric Lichaj, 16-Justin Morrow, 17-Cristian Roldan, 18-Juan Agudelo, 20-Paul Arriola, 21-Matt Hedges, 23-Kellyn Acosta
Substitutes: 12-Bill Hamid, 22-Sean Johnson, 2-Jorge Villafaña, 4-Matt Miazga, 5-Matt Besler, 6-Kelyn Rowe, 7-Chris Pontius, 10-Joe Corona, 11-Alejandro Bedoya, 13-Dax McCarty, 14-Dom Dwyer, 19-Graham Zusi
- U.S. MNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Brad Guzan (57), Omar Gonzalez (42), Gyasi Zardes (34), Juan Agudelo (25), Jordan Morris (18), Eric Lichaj (12), Kellyn Acosta (11), Paul Arriola (7), Matt Hedges (4), Justin Morrow (2), Cristian Roldan (1)
- U.S MNT Starting XI Gold Cup Cap Numbers (including this match): Brad Guzan (8), Juan Agudelo (7), Gyasi Zardes (7), Omar Gonzalez (6), Eric Lichaj (5), Kellyn Acosta (2), Jordan Morris (2), Paul Arriola (1), Matt Hedges (1), Justin Morrow (1), Cristian Roldan (1),
- Bruce Arena makes eight changes to the team that started against Panama, with goalkeeper Brad Guzan, defender Omar Gonzalez and midfielder Kellyn Acosta as the holdovers.
- Guzan captains the USA for the third time in his international career. He most recently also served as captain in the USA’s 2-1 win against Ghana on July 1 and first wore the arm band in 2010 in South Africa.
- Seattle Sounders FC midfielder Cristian Roldan makes his U.S. MNT debut, partnering with Kellyn Acosta in central midfield.
- Roldan joins Paul Arriola, Matt Hedges and Justin Morrow in making their CONCACAF Gold Cup debuts.
- Guzan comes off a seven-save, Budweiser Man of the Match performance in Saturday’s 1-1 draw vs. Panama. He is 3-1-3 all-time in seven previous Gold Cup matches.
- Left back Justin Morrow makes his first U.S. MNT appearance since a 0-0 draw with Canada on Jan. 29, 2013, and second overall.
- Right back Eric Lichaj gets his first cap since a 3-1 win at Puerto Rico on May 22, 2016.
- Gyasi Zardes starts his first match since the Copa America Centenario Third-Place Game against Colombia on June 25, 2016.
- Juan Agudelo and Jordan Morris partner up top together for the second time in 2017, having done so previously in the USA’s 1-0 win vs. Jamaica on Feb. 5 in Chattanooga. Morris scored the game-winner against the Reggae Boyz.
- The Matt Hedges/Omar Gonzalez center back partnership is the third utilized by Bruce Arena in this camp. Hedges paired with Matt Besler vs. Ghana, while Gonzalez partnered with the Sporting KC center back vs. Panama.
- The U.S. MNT is 1-0-0 all-time against Martinique, using two first-half goals from Brian McBride to defeat the Caribbean side 2-0 during the 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cup Group Stage.
- The USA has more wins in the CONCACAF Gold Cup than any other nation, going 51-8-9 all-time.
- The U.S. has gone an impressive 30-1-4 during the Group Stage.
- With a 14-1-4 record in the Gold Cup, Arena is also the winningest head coach all-time in the competition.
- The U.S. manager holds an 8-0-2 mark in the Group Stage and is 12-0-4 overall vs. CONCACAF opposition.