USMNT vs. Uzbekistan
Sept. 9, 2023
CITY PARK; St. Louis, Mo.
Pre-Game Coverage: 4 p.m. ET on TNT, Telemundo, Universo, Peacock
Kickoff: 4:30 p.m. ET on TNT, Telemundo, Universo, Peacock, Futbol de Primera Radio
Social Media: @USMNT on Twitter and Instagram; U.S. Soccer on Facebook , The U.S. Soccer App
Tonight’s USMNT Starting XI vs. Uzbekistan: 1-Matt Turner, 2-Sergiño Dest, 4-Chris Richards, 5-Antonee Robinson, 6-Yunus Musah, 8-Weston McKennie, 10-Christian Pulisic, 13-Tim Ream (capt.), 14-Luca de la Torre, 20-Folarin Balogun, 21-Tim Weah
Substitutes: 18-Ethan Horvath, 3-Mark McKenzie, 7-Cade Cowell, 9-Ricardo Pepi, 11-Brenden Aaronson, 12-Miles Robinson, 15-Ben Cremaschi, 16-Tanner Tessmann, 17-Malik Tillman, 19-Joe Scally, 22-Kevin Paredes, 23-Kristoffer Lund
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Christian Pulisic (61), Tim Ream (52), Weston McKennie (45), Antonee Robinson (37), Matt Turner (33), Tim Weah (32), Yunus Musah (28), Sergiño Dest (27), Luca de la Torre (17), Chris Richards (11), Folarin Balogun (3).
- Today’s Starting XI has an average age of 25 years, 140 days. The lineup also averages 30 caps.
- Nine of the Starting XI are age 26 and younger: Antonee Robinson (26); Luca de la Torre and Weston McKennie (25); Christian Pulisic (24); Chris Richards and Tim Weah (23); Folarin Balogun and Sergiño Dest (22); Yunus Musah (20).
- Seven players started the 2023 Concacaf Nations League Final victory against Canada: goalkeeper Matt Turner, defenders Chris Richards and Antonee Robinson, midfielder Yunus Musah and forwards Folarin Balogun, Christian Pulisic and Tim Weah.
- Veteran defender Tim Ream captains the team today in his hometown of St. Louis. It is Ream’s eighth time wearing the armband and comes in his third USMNT appearance in the Gateway City, having previously played in the 6-1 World Cup qualifying win against St. Vincent and the Grenadines on Nov. 13, 2015 and the 1-1 draw with Uruguay on Sept. 10, 2019. Both matches were played at Busch Stadium.
- Ream and Chris Richards partner in central defense for the first time.
- Christian Pulisic earns his 50th start in his 61st cap for the U.S. Men’s National Team. Pulisic is the 42nd player to start 50 matches for the USMNT.
- Goalkeeper Matt Turner makes his team-leading ninth appearance of 2023. Turner has started 15 of 16 USMNT matches played during FIFA international windows dating back to the friendly against Japan on Sept. 23, 2022 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Luca de la Torre earns his second start of 2023. De la Torre last started and also collected two assists in the 7-1 win at Grenada in Concacaf Nations League group stage play on March 24 in St. Georges.
- Folarin Balogun and Chris Richards make their first appearances against opposition from the Asian Football Confederation.
- Three substitutes could make their international debuts: defender Kristoffer Lund, midfielder Ben Cremaschi and forward Kevin Paredes.
- Nelson Salgado of Honduras is the referee for today’s match. This is the first USMNT match he has officiated.
- Six substitutions are allowed in three different moments. Halftime does not count as a substitution moment.
- Gregg Berhalter begins his second cycle with the U.S. Men’s National Team today against Uzbekistan. Berhalter has a 37-11-12 record in 60 matches as head coach and is 2-1-1 against opposition from the Asian Football Confederation.
- This is the first meeting between the USMNT and Uzbekistan at senior international level. The White Wolves are the USMNT’s 101st all-time international opponent and 11th different team from the Asian Football Confederation.
- Prior to today’s match, U.S. Soccer will recognize 26 U.S. Men’s National Team alumni from St. Louis. A total of 76 players from St. Louis have earned at least one cap for the USMNT – making the Gateway City the third highest metro area represented all-time for the National Team, behind only Southern California and the New York/New Jersey metropolitan areas.
- The honorees will be given a jersey with their Unique USMNT Number on it. The Unique USMNT Number is determined by the order in which each player earned their first appearance for the National Team. See the full listing and learn more about the Unique USMNT Number here.
- The full list of honorees (Caps; USMNT Years): David Brcic (4; 1979-1985), Brad Davis (17; 2005-2014), Art “Buzz” Demling (4; 1973-1975), Don Droege (8; 1977-1979), Steve Fuchs (1; 1988), Tom Galati (1; 1975), Gene Geimer (6; 1972-1973), Carl Gentile (6; 1968), Ted Hantak (3; 1987), Larry Hulcer (8; 1979-1980, Ty Keough (8; 1979-1980), Bob Matteson (2; 1974), Pat McBride (5; 1969-1975), Matt McKeon (2; 1999), James Murphy (2; 1957), Steve Pecher (17; 1976-1980), Gary Rensing (4; 1972), Mark Santel (8; 1988-1997), Frank Simek (5; 2007), Mike Sorber (67; 1992-1997), Jamie Swanner (1; 1984), Steve Trittschuh (37; 1987-1995), Tim Twellman (1; 1982), Perry Van Der Beck (23; 1979-1985), Denny Vaninger (3; 1974-1975), Greg Villa (18; 1977-1980).