- Position Defender
- Number 2
- Date of Birth Nov 03 2000
- Hometown Almere-Stad, Netherlands
- Height 5' 8"
- Club AC Milan (Italy)
NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Eligible to represent both the USA and the Netherlands, became officially cap-tied to the USA during Concacaf Nations League play in November 2019
- First career international goal was a highlight-reel effort scored on March 25, 2021 against Jamaica
- Voted 2019 U.S. Soccer Young Male Player of the Year after breakout campaigns for both club and country
- Played a key role in the U-20 MYNT’s quarterfinal run at the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Poland
- Represented the USA at the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup
2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING
- Completed the cycle with six appearances – all starts – and with a goal and an assist
- His rocket in the 25th minute leveled the score in the 2-1 win against Costa Rica on Oct. 13, 2021 in Columbus, Ohio. He teed up 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup teammate Tim Weah on the play that led to the game-winner
- Delivered a perfectly chipped cross to the head of Ricardo Pepi for the game-winning assist in the 2-0 shutout of Jamaica on Oct. 7, 2021, in Austin
- Became the first American to play and score for legendary Spanish club FC Barcelona after a lucrative transfer in October 2020, the $25 million price tag reaching the second-highest for an American
- He is the first American to play in El Clásico (Barcelona vs. Real Madrid), the biggest rivalry in soccer.
- In 2021, became the first U.S. international to win the Copa Del Rey, Barcelona beating Athletic Bilbao 4-0 in the final.
- Broke out in a big way for storied Dutch side Ajax during the 2019-20 season, earning the club’s Young Talent of the Year award
- Full name is Sergiño Gianni Dest. Also goes by Ser, Serg and Serra.
- In his free time, enjoys playing basketball, watching movies and listening to music
- Favorite soccer player and biggest athletic inspiration is Ronaldinho