- Position Goalkeeper
- Number 12
- Date of Birth Jun 09 1995
- Hometown Highlands Ranch, CO
- Height 6' 3"
- Club Nottingham Forest (England)
NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Made two saves and kept his second career clean sheet on his 26th birthday in a 4-0 friendly win against Costa Rica on June 9, 2021 in Sandy, Utah.
- Earned Man of the Match honors in the inaugural Concacaf Nations League Final victory against Mexico after saving Andres Guardado’s penalty kick in stoppage time on June 6, 2021 in Denver.
- Performed admirably, making five saves and earning Man of the Match honors in a narrow 1-0 loss to Italy on Nov. 20, 2018 in Genk, Belgium.
- Made his USMNT debut at age 21, keeping a clean sheet in a 2-0 friendly win at Cuba on Oct. 7, 2016 in Havana.
- Helped the USA qualify for the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup but was not released by his club for the final tournament.
2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING
- Did not see any action during qualifying, serving as a reserve for six total matches – three each during the September 2021 and March 2022 windows.
- Joined EFL Championship side Luton Town on loan from Nottingham Forest prior to the 2022-23 season
- Transferred from Club Brugge to EFL Championship side Nottingham Forest during the summer of 2021 and helped in the club’s promotion campaign, including making a late-game substitute appearance in the Premier League Promotion Playoff Final against Huddersfield Town
- Spent four-and-a-half seasons with Club Brugge of the Belgian Pro League (2017-21), making 51 league appearances and four in the Champions League, while helping the club win three league titles and the 2018 Belgian Super Cup.
- Began his professional career with Molde of the Norwegian Tippeligaen (2013-17), spending his first two seasons as an understudy before winning the starting job at age 20 in 2015.
- Spent most of his youth career with Real Colorado of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy
- Ethan is the only child of Peter and Deana Horvath.
- Peter played two seasons for the MISL’s Denver Avalanche from 1980-82, and went on to become a teacher and the boys and girls soccer coach at Columbine High School, where he was present for the tragic school shooting on April 20, 1999.
- As European clubs showed interest in Ethan, he dropped out of high school and moved to England with Deana where she homeschooled him during trials with Bristol City, Manchester City and Stoke City.
- When Molde confirmed their interest in signing Ethan prior to his 18th birthday, Peter and Deana sold their house and cars and moved to Norway. They then took on janitorial duties at the club in order to qualify for Norwegian residency, which allowed Ethan to legally be part of the club prior to becoming an adult.
- Met his future wife Maja while at Molde where she was a defender for the club’s women’s team. The couple wed in the summer of 2021.
- Ethan and Maja have an English Cocker Spaniel named Milo.
U. S. MNT