- Position Defender
- Number 18
- Date of Birth Nov 02 1996
- Hometown Powder Springs, GA
- Height 5' 11"
- Club Nashville SC
NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS
- After a three-year absence from the National Team, returned for the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup, where he helped the USA win its seventh confederation championship and earned tournament best XI honors in the process.
- Appeared in all six matches, starting five games at the 2021 Gold Cup and tallied the fastest goal in tournament history, scoring 20 seconds into the 1-0 win against Canada on July 18, 2021 in Kansas City.
- Earned his first career start in the 1-1 draw at France on June 9, 2018 in Lyon – just one month before Les Bleus won the FIFA World Cup.
- Came off the bench in the 70th minute to make his USMNT debut in the 2-1 defeat to Ireland on June 2, 2018 in Dublin.
- Made two appearances as part of the USA squad that advanced to the quarterfinals of the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand
- Prior to the U-20s, played for the U.S. U-17 and U-18 National Teams.
2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING
- Made four appearances during 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifying.
- Earned his qualifying debut as a 78th minute substitute during the 2-0 vs. Jamaica on Oct. 7, 2021.
- Though not on the original roster for the March qualifiers, injuries and suspensions led to him being called up on 48 hours notice and starting in the critical 5-1 win against Panama on March 27 in Orlando.
- After spending his entire professional career in Spain, transferred to Nashville SC on July 19, 2022.
- Appeared in 11 matches and tallied three goals during the second half of the regular season, helping Nashville to an MLS Cup playoff berth.
- Spent three seasons with Spanish Segunda side Tenerife, playing over 100 matches across all competitions and nearly helping the club to promotion, falling just short in the playoff final in June 2022.
- Prior to joining Tenerife, played two seasons for Levante where he became just the fourth U.S. international to appear in a La Liga match.
- Joined the academy of Huracán in 2014, going on to play the following season for the club’s first team before stints Real Oviedo, Levante and Reus.
- Is an alum of the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., and also spent time with the FC Dallas Academy in 2014.
- Born in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., to parents Wendell and Michelle Goddard-Moore.
- Both parents are from Trinidad and Tobago, for whom Shaq was also eligible to play.
- Wendell is a former professional player in Trinidad and earned three caps for the Soca Warriors during qualification for the 1986 FIFA World Cup – two of those matches were against the USA.
- Shaq’s uncle Richard Goddard was a goalkeeper for the National Team, representing the Soca Warriors 10 times between 1999-2002.
- Attended the USA-England game at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
- Favorite athlete is Dwayne Wade and favorite sports team is the Miami Heat.
- Enjoys Caribbean food.
- Speaks Spanish fluently.