CHICAGO (Jan. 11, 2019) – The U.S. Women’s National Team has announced the start of its third annual SheBelieves HeroTM contest ahead of the 2019 SheBelieves Cup. The contest, which runs from Jan. 11-Feb. 11, will choose a young person between the ages of 13-17 who embodies the SheBelieves spirit.
Conceived and developed by U.S. Soccer and the Women’s National Team players, SheBelieves is a movement created to inspire and encourage girls and women of all ages to accomplish their goals and dreams, athletic or otherwise. The campaign was originally launched in the run-up to the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup but has since evolved into a special bond between the team and its fans, taking its powerful message of empowerment and that of believing in yourself into communities across the nation.
Through dedication, teamwork, perseverance and success, the U.S. WNT players inspire new generations to be better and strive for the best.
A SheBelieves Hero™ is a leader in their community, a confident and passionate individual who empowers others around them and works to make a difference.
If chosen as the 2019 SheBelieves Hero™, you could win a trip for you and a guardian to the WNT’s SheBelieves Cup match in Nashville, Tenn., on March 2, 2019.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- To enter, post a video to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter starting Jan. 11 at 11 a.m. CT and before 11:59 p.m. CT on Monday, Feb. 11, stating how you or the nominee embody the SheBelieves qualities and use the hashtags #SheBelievesHero and #contest. (See the complete rules)
- State the following information about yourself or your nominee: Full name, hometown and age.
- The video submitter must be 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. If under the age of 18, the parent or guardian of the nominated individual and of the video submitter must have approved the nomination and submission of the video. The video submitter must nominate a living person whose age at the time of nomination is between 13 and 17 years of age.
- Each post must contain at least 14 characters and no more than 280 in length and must be in English. Limit one Tweet/Post/Entry per person/social media account.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of judges and will be narrowed down to four (4) finalists. Entries will be ranked on the following criteria: (a) Passion for empowering and making a difference in her community or elsewhere, (b) Creativity/originality of submission, (c) Consistency of service and lasting impact.
- The four entries will be shared on ussoccer.com and U.S. Soccer social media channels to allow the public to “vote” for their favorite submission on ussoccer.com.
- The SheBelieves Hero™ Twitter Contest (“Contest”) is open only to individuals who are legal U.S. residents of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to abide by, and cause your nominee to abide by, the Contest Official Rules. Approximate retail value of the prize is $1,300.