Lineup Notes: Red Bull Arena Hosts USA-Mexico to wrap up Send-Off Series Presented by Volpi Foods
USA vs. Mexico
Date: May 26, 2019
Venue: Red Bull Arena; Harrison, NJ
Kickoff: 12 p.m. ET
Starting XI vs. Mexico:1-Alyssa Naeher; 5-Kelley O’Hara, 7-Abby Dahlkemper, 4-Becky Sauerbrunn, 19-Crystal Dunn; 8-Julie Ertz, 3-Samantha Mewis, 16-Rose Lavelle; 17-Tobin Heath, 13-Alex Morgan (capt.), 15-Megan Rapinoe
Subs: 2-Mallory Pugh, 6-Morgan Brian, 9-Lindsey Horan, 10-Carli Lloyd, 11-Ali Krieger, 12-Tierna Davidson, 14-Emily Sonnett, 18-Ashlyn Harris, 20-Allie Long, 21-Adrianna Franch, 22-Jessica McDonald, 23-Christen Press
- Alyssa Naeher will earn cap No. 46 tonight. She recorded her first career assist on a towering punt that was finished by Mallory Pugh at the other end of the field vs. Australia on April 4. She earned her 24th career shutout vs. New Zealand on May 16.
- Kelley O’Hara earns her 118th career cap today. She has started every game she’s played in this year. This will be her sixth appearance of 2019.
- Abby Dahlkemper earns cap No. 40 today and makes her 10th appearance of 2019.
- Becky Sauerbrunn makes her ninth appearance and eighth start of 2019. It will be cap No. 158 for the veteran defender.
- Crystal Dunn, who has consistently shown her excellent attacking abilities from outside back, has 24 career international goals and will earn cap No. 85 today. She has started every game this year so far.
- Julie Ertz makes her 82nd international appearance. She has scored 18 career goals and will make her ninth start of 2019.
- Samantha Mewis will get her 50th international cap today, becoming the 57th American female player to do. She has scored 12 goals in her career, four coming in 2019, most recently scoring twice vs. South Africa and once vs. New Zealand.
- Rose Lavelle earns her 27th cap today. Out of her 26 games, 22 have been starts. She has scored seven career goals, most recently vs. New Zealand in St. Louis.
- Tobin Heath has scored four goals this year to up her international goals total to 29. She’ll earn her 150th cap today, the 22nd American female player to reach that number. Heath has scored 11 goals in her last 17 matches and nine in her last 12.
- Alex Morgan scored her historic 100th career goal on April 4 vs. Australia. She also scored against Belgium on April 7 and now has 101 career goals in 161 caps. Today marks cap No. 163 for Morgan. At age 29, she is in sixth place on the USA’s all-time goal list, moving ahead of Tiffeny Milbrett. Morgan has scored 28 goals over her last 35 WNT matches, a span that runs from the end of 2017. During that 28-goal streak, she has scored on about a quarter of her shots, scoring nine goals with her right foot, 15 with her left, three with her head and one with her chest. The 28 goals have included six braces and one hat trick. She will make her 10th appearance of 2019 today.
- Megan Rapinoe, who has 44 international goals and is in 15th place on the all-time goals list, is just one goal behind Julie Foudy to move into a tie for 14th. She will earn her 153rd cap tonight.
- All 23 players on the USA’s 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup roster will dress today. The jersey numbers they’re wearing are their World Cup numbers.