Berhalter Calls 28 Players for USA vs JamaicaFinal 23-Player Gold Cup Roster due by Midnight on June 5
28 Players will Continue Preparations in Annapolis;
Final 23-Player Gold Cup Roster due by Midnight on June 5
CHICAGO (June 1, 2019) – U.S. MNT head coach Gregg Berhalter has summoned 19 additional senior players to training camp in Annapolis, Md., bringing the total number to 28 that will train in advance of the rematch of the 2017 Concacaf Gold Cup final against Jamaica on June 5 in Washington, D.C. Kickoff for the USA’s first visit to Audi Field is set for 7 p.m. ET, and the match will be broadcast live on FS1, UniMas and UDN.
The final list of 23 players for the Gold Cup is due by midnight of June 5. The official announcement will take place the following day.
“After a great week of training, we now enter the phase of playing competitive matches,” Berhalter said. “The game against Jamaica will represent an opportunity for us to evaluate new prospects as well continue to develop the group for the Gold Cup. We are excited about the group coming in and the opportunity ahead of us this summer.”
Following the Jamaica game, the MNT will make its first visit to Cincinnati and will face Venezuela on June 9 in its final preparation match for the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup. Kickoff at Nippert Stadium is set for 2 p.m. ET, and the match will be broadcast on FOX and UniMás.
Fans can follow both matches via U.S. Soccer’s official Facebook, Twitter (@USMNT) and Instagram (@USMNT) accounts.
Eleven members of the combined preparation camp this week – which included a mix of senior team and U-23 players – have departed.
ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals)
GOALKEEPERS (3): Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 7/0), Tyler Miller (LAFC; 0/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 8/0)
DEFENDERS (9): Cameron Carter Vickers (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG; 7/0), Omar Gonzalez (Club Atlas/MEX; 49/3), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 2/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 5/0), Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact/CAN; 3/0), Matt Miazga (Chelsea/ENG; 12/1), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 28/1), Antonee Robinson (Everton/ENG; 6/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 6/2)
MIDFIELDERS (8): Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 145/17), Duane Holmes (Derby County/ENG; 0/0), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 9/2), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 8/1), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; 2/1), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 9/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 15/0), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0)*
FORWARDS (9): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/CAN; 110/41), Jonathan Amon (Nordsjælland/DEN; 1/0), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 21/3), Tyler Boyd (Vitória Guimãres/POR; 0/0), Joe Gyau (Duisburg/GER; 2/0), Jonathan Lewis (Colorado Rapids; 4/0)**, Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC; 27/5), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; 6/2) Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 44/7)
*Not part of 40-player provisional Gold Cup roster
- The USMNT’s third all-time leading goal scorer and one of 17 players to reach 100 caps, Jozy Altidore returns to the side for the first time since 2017.
- Sixteen players return from the USA’s roster that defeated Ecuador 1-0 and drew 1-1 with Chile in March.
- Nine players that took part in this week’s Combined Preparation Camp will continue on the roster for the Jamaica game: Jonathan Amon, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Omar Gonzalez, Joe Gyau, Duane Holmes, Matt Miazga, Tim Ream, Antonee Robinson and Josh Sargent.
- Six players appeared in the USA’s last encounter with Jamaica – a 2-1 win in the 2017 Concacaf Gold Cup Final: Altidore, Arriola, Michael Bradley, Omar Gonzalez, Jordan Morris and Gyasi Zardes.
- The roster features players tied to clubs in seven different countries: USA (14), England (5), Canada (3), Germany (3), Denmark (1), Mexico (1), Portugal (1)
- Making his first USMNT camp appearance, San Jose Earthquakes midfielder Jackson Yueill is the lone player not on the Provisional Gold Cup roster.