- Position Forward
- Date of Birth Feb 05 1995
- Hometown Chula Vista, CA
- Height 5' 6"
- Club FC Dallas
NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Has the most appearances of any player under Gregg Berhalter, with 31 of his 48 caps prior to the World Cup coming under the current USMNT head coach.
- Is one of 26 players to score double-digit goals for the USMNT, with his 10th coming in the 5-0 win against Grenada in the 2022-23 Concacaf Nations League group stage match on June 10, 2022 in Austin.
- Earned two gold medals as part of the USA’s Concacaf Gold Cup squads in 2017, 2019 and 2021, appearing in 14 of a possible 18 matches across the three tournaments and captaining the side in the 1-0 win against Mexico in the 2021 Final.
- Appeared in seven matches during 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying, recording one goal and one assist.
- Registered a goal and assist in his USMNT debut, a 3-1 friendly win at Puerto Rico on May 22, 2016 and later became the eighth player in team history to score in his first two caps, when he tallied in the 4-0 WCQ win against Trinidad and Tobago on Sept. 6, 2016 in Jacksonville, Fla.
- Represented the USA in the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Mexico and the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand.
2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING
- One of the few players in the pool with any prior qualifying experience, Arriola appeared in five matches, tallying one goal and one assist during the 2022 WCQ campaign.
- Headed home the eventual game-winner in the 23rd minute and then assisted on Jesús Ferreira’s goal four minutes later in the USA’s 5-1 victory against Panama on March 27, 2022 in Orlando.
- Joined FC Dallas via trade from D.C. United on January 26, 2022 and registered career-season highs with 32 appearances and 10 goals, to go along with seven assists.
- Earned his first MLS All-Star selection during the 2022 season.
- Prior to joining FCD, spent four-and-a-half seasons with D.C. United, collecting 20 goals and 16 assists across 89 regular season matches.
- During the 2021 season, returned from a ruptured ACL suffered the previous year to register six goals and four assists across 20 appearances.
- Briefly spent time on loan with EFL Championship side Swansea City in early 2021.
- Joined D.C. United via transfer from Club Tijuana of Liga MX for a $3 million transfer fee on Aug. 9, 2017
- Made 80 appearances and scored four goals during four-and-a-half seasons with Club Tijuana (2013-2017).
- Played for the LA Galaxy Academy, Arsenal FC and IMG Soccer Academy
- The son Dawn and the late Art Arriola, Paul has one younger brother named Artie.
- Engaged to fiancé Akela in February 2022, the couple has two Pugs – Penelope and Nugget.
- Favorite place he’s visited is Australia
- Would love to meet Adam Sandler and counts his favorite movie as “Billy Madison”.