- Position Defender
- Number 19
- Date of Birth Dec 31 2002
- Hometown Lake Grove, NY
- Height 6' 0"
- Club Borussia Mönchengladbach
NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Has earned three caps - all in 2022 in friendlies against 2022 World Cup finalists Saudi Arabia, Uruguay and Morocco.
- Made his USMNT debut on June 1, 2022 in a 3-0 win over Morocco when he entered to start the second half.
- Started three games for the USA at the 2019 U-17 World Cup in Brazil, alongside Gio Reyna and Ricardo Pepi.
2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING
- Earned his first USMNT call up in November 2021 ahead of two WCQ matches. While he did not dress against Mexico, he was an unused substitute as the USA tied Jamaica 1-1 in Kingston.
- Made 30 league appearances during his first Bundesliga season with Borussia Mönchengladbach in 2021/22 and remains a regular contributor this season.
- After spending his initial months with the reserves, made his club debut in the 2021-22 DFB-Pokal first round match against Kaiserslautern on Aug. 9 and then played his first Bundesliga game four days later in the season opener against Bayern Munich.
- In November 2019, NYCFC reached an agreement with Borussia Mönchengladbach for Scally’s transfer. He remained with his hometown team through his 18th birthday, moving to the Bundesliga club in January 2021.
- On March 21, 2018, at 15-years-old, he became just the second player from the NYCFC Academy to sign with the first team. He made his debut for coach Patrick Vieira in a 4–0 U.S. Open Cup loss to New York Red Bulls on June 6, replacing David Villa in the 57th minute.
- Joined the New York City FC Academy at the U-13 level in 2015 and helped the club to the 2018 U.S. Soccer Development Academy Championship. He was shifted from attacking midfielder to outside back.
- Grew up on Long Island, N.Y. with brother, Drew, sister, Ana, and parents Joe Scally and Margaret Peragine - herself a former soccer player.
- Attended Sachem North High School and played club soccer in the Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) for various Long Island Junior Soccer League (LIJSL) youth teams, including the Sachem Destroyers, where he was coached by his mother.
- Also played basketball as a youth, as did his brother, sister and father.
- Family owns The Village Idiot Pub in Long Island, father also owned a landscaping company, where Joe would help shovel snow in winters.
- Is a fan of Justin Bieber, and enjoys baking cakes and sweets.