USA vs. Jamaica
2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Final
July 26, 2017
Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.
Live Broadcast: Pre-game coverage at 9 p.m. ET on FS1, Univision and UDN (Kickoff: 9:30 p.m. ET)
Today’s U.S. MNT Starting XI vs. Jamaica: 2-Jorge Villafaña 3-Omar Gonzalez, 5-Matt Besler, 8-Jordan Morris, 19-Graham Zusi, 20-Paul Arriola, 23-Kellyn Acosta, 24-Tim Howard, 25-Darlington Nagbe, 26-Michael Bradley (capt.), 27-Jozy Altidore
Substitutes: 12-Bill Hamid, 29-Jesse Gonzalez, 4-Matt Miazga, 7-Chris Pontius, 9-Gyasi Zardes, 10-Joe Corona, 13-Dax McCarty, 15-Eric Lichaj, 16-Justin Morrow, 18-Juan Agudelo, 21-Matt Hedges, 28-Clint Dempsey
Referee: Walter Lopez (Guatemala)
Assistant Referee #1: Gerson Lopez (Guatemala)
Assistant Referee #2: Hermenerito Leal (Guatemala)
Fourth Official: Ricardo Montero (Costa Rica)
- For the first time since returning as National Team head coach, Bruce Arena utilizes the same starting XI as he did in the previous game -- Saturday’s 2-0 Semifinal win vs. Costa Rica.
- U.S. MNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Michael Bradley (136), Tim Howard (118), Jozy Altidore (107), Graham Zusi (53), Omar Gonzalez (45), Matt Besler (44), Jordan Morris (22), Darlington Nagbe (19) Kellyn Acosta (13), Paul Arriola (11), Jorge Villafaña (11).
- U.S MNT Starting XI Gold Cup Cap Numbers (including this match): Michael Bradley (20), Tim Howard (13), Jozy Altidore (10), Omar Gonzalez (9), Graham Zusi (7), Matt Besler (7), Jordan Morris (6), Kellyn Acosta (5), Paul Arriola (5), Jorge Villafaña (4), Darlington Nagbe (3).
- The Starting XI’s average cap number (including this game): 52.6 (overall) and 8 (Gold Cup)
- With an average age of 25 years, 280 days, this is the U.S. MNT’s third youngest lineup to start a Gold Cup Final, behind 1991 (23 years, 188 days) and 2007 (25 years, 254 days).
- With three appearances in a Final, Tim Howard leads the list of five players in the starting XI that have previously played in a championship match with the U.S. MNT. Howard started in the 2007 and 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cups and the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup.
- The others: Jozy Altidore (2009 FIFA Confederations Cup), Michael Bradley (2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup), Matt Besler and Omar Gonzalez (2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup).
- Five players appeared in the 1-0 win vs. Jamaica on Feb. 5, 2017 in Chattanooga: Michael Bradley, Jordan Morris, Darlington Nagbe, Jorge Villafaña and Graham Zusi.
- Altidore tallied his 38th career goal and third in CONCACAF Gold Cup play in Saturday’s 2-0 Semifinal win vs. Costa Rica. The U.S. has won the last eight matches that Altidore has scored in, dating back to a 2-1 win against Peru on Sept. 4, 2015.
- Howard made two saves against Costa Rica to earn his first career victory against Los Ticos. Howard also gained his U.S. MNT record 60th career win and 41st clean sheet.
- Altidore has two career goals vs. Jamaica, scoring in a 2-1 on June 7, 2013 in Kingston and 2-0 victory on Oct. 11, 2013 in Kansas City – both were Final Round qualifiers for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Three other players have tallied against Jamaica: Michael Bradley (2-1 L; July 22, 2015), Jordan Morris (1-0 W; Feb. 5, 2017) and Graham Zusi (2-0 W; Oct. 11, 2013).
- Bradley is the only player in the U.S. starting XI that appeared in the 2015 Gold Cup Semifinal defeat to Jamaica, scoring the lone MNT goal that night.
- Full backs Zusi and Jorge Villafaña make their team-leading 11th appearances of 2017.
- Earning his third start of the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Jordan Morris is the only U.S. player to appear in all six matches in the tournament.
- Kellyn Acosta and Michael Bradley pair in central midfield for the third time this year, previously partnering in the USA’s 1-1 World Cup Qualifying draw at Mexico on June 11 and Saturday’s 2-0 Semifinal win vs. Costa Rica.
- Besler and Gonzalez pair in central defense for the third time at this year’s Gold Cup, working together in the USA’a 1-1 draw vs. Panama on July 8 and Saturday’s 2-0 Semifinal win vs. Costa Rica.
- Jordan Morris and Jozy Altidore also pair up front for the third time overall. The duo first worked together in a 1-0 friendly win against Canada on Feb. 5, 2016 vs. Canada and again in Saturday’s Semifinal vs. Costa Rica.
- Tonight’s match marks the USA’s record 10th appearance in the CONCACAF Gold Cup Final.
- The USA is 14-2-8 all-time vs. Jamaica and 11-1-3 on U.S. soil.
- The U.S. holds a 3-1-0 edge vs. the Reggae Boyz in Gold Cup play.
- U.S. MNT head coach Bruce Arena holds a 5-0-5 all-time record against Jamaica
- Having gone 8-0-5 since Arena returned as head coach, the team’s current 13-match unbeaten streak is the longest to start a U.S. MNT head coaching tenure.