2022 Concacaf World Cup Qualifying: USA Vs. Honduras - Starting XI, Lineup Notes, TV Channels & Start TimeAllianz Field; St. Paul, Minn. Pre-Game Coverage: 7 p.m. ET on FS1, Univision, TUDN Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. ET on FS1, Univision, TUDN
USA vs. Honduras, presented by Volkswagen
2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying – Final Round - Match No. 11
February 2, 2022
Allianz Field; St. Paul, Minn.
Pre-Game Coverage: 7 p.m. ET on FS1, Univision, TUDN
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. ET on FS1, Univision, TUDN
Social Media: @USMNT on Twitter and Instagram; U.S. Soccer on Facebook , The U.S. Soccer App
Today’s USMNT Starting XI vs. Honduras: 1-Matt Turner, 3-Walker Zimmerman (capt.), 4-Reggie Cannon, 5-Antonee, Robinson, 8-Weston McKennie, 12-Miles Robinson, 13-Jordan Morris, 17-Luca de la Torre, 18-Ricardo Pepi, 21-Tim Weah, 23-Kellyn Acosta
Substitutes: 19-Sean Johnson, 2-Sergiño Dest, 6-Yunus Musah, 7-Paul Arriola, 9-Gyasi Zardes, 10-Christian Pulisic, 11-Brendan Aaronson, 14-Cristian Roldan, 15-Sebastian Lletget, 16-Mark McKenzie, 20-Jesús Ferreira, 22-DeAndre Yedlin
GAME NOTES | FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT HONDURAS
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Kellyn Acosta (48), Jordan Morris (43), Weston McKennie (31), Walker Zimmerman (25), Reggie Cannon (24), Antonee Robinson (22), Tim Weah (20), Miles Robinson (17), Matt Turner (16), Ricardo Pepi (9), Luca de la Torre (5)
- USMNT Starting XI WCQ Cap Numbers (including this match): Kellyn Acosta (16), Antonee Robinson (10), Jordan Morris (8), Miles Robinson (8), Matt Turner (8), Ricardo Pepi (8), Weston McKennie (7), Walker Zimmerman (7), Tim Weah (7), Reggie Cannon (2), Luca de la Torre (2)
- Today’s Starting XI has an average age of 24 years, 243 days.
- The USMNT lineup averages 23 caps and 13 appearances in official competition.
- Gregg Berhalter makes seven changes to the Starting XI that faced Canada on Sunday, inserting defenders Reggie Cannon and Walker Zimmerman; midfielders Kellyn Acosta and Luca de la Torre; and forwards Jordan Morris, Ricardo Pepi and Tim Weah.
- Earning his fifth cap, Luca de la Torre will start his first match for the USMNT tonight.
- Reggie Cannon earns his first World Cup Qualifying start tonight. The full back became the 27th different U.S. player to earn their qualifying debut during the 2022 cycle when he came off the bench in the 76th minute of Sunday’s match at Canada.
- Jordan Morris earns his second start in World Cup Qualifying and first since Sept. 5, 2017 at Honduras.
- Five starters appeared in the USA’s 4-1 win at Honduras on Sept. 8, 2021 in San Pedro Sula. Kellyn Acosta, Ricardo Pepi, Miles Robinson and Matt Turner started the match, while Antonee Robinson came off the bench to begin the second half. Antonee Robinson and Pepi both tallied in the comeback win.
- Walker Zimmerman captains the USMNT for the fifth time tonight. The team is 3-1-0 when Zimmerman wears the armband.
- Should he come off the bench tonight, substitute Brenden Aaronson would be the lone USMNT player to appear in each of the team’s 11 qualifiers.
- Goalkeeper Sean Johnson is the only player in the matchday squad without a World Cup Qualifying appearance.
- With teams limited to dressing 23 players, goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina is the healthy scratch from tonight’s squad.
- Due to injuries suffered on Sunday against Canada, midfielder Tyler Adams (right hamstring) and defender Chris Richards (right ankle) are unavailable for selection tonight.
- Tonight’s match marks the 28th meeting all-time between the USA and Honduras with the U.S. holding an 18-4-5 all-time advantage.
- The USA is 7-2-2 vs. Los Catrachos in World Cup qualifying and 3-1-0 at home.
- Oshane Nation of Jamaica is the center referee for today’s match. The USMNT is 3-0-1 overall in matches officiated by the Jamaican referee.
- Nation officiated two USMNT matches in the past year – the 1-0 win against Honduras in the Concacaf Nations League Semifinal on June 3, 2021 in Denver and the 1-1 draw against Canada in World Cup Qualifying on Sept. 5, 2021 in Nashville.