2022 Concacaf World Cup Qualifying: USA Vs. Panama - Starting XI, Lineup Notes, TV Channels & Start TimeExploria Stadium; Orlando, Fla.; Pre-Game Coverage: 6:30 p.m. ET on FS1, UniMás and TUDN; Kickoff: 7 p.m. ET on FS1, UniMás and TUDN
USMNT vs. Panama, presented by Volkswagen
2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying – Final Round - Match No. 13
March 27, 2022
Exploria Stadium; Orlando, Fla.
Pre-Game Coverage: 6:30 p.m. ET on FS1, UniMás and TUDN
Kickoff: 7 p.m. ET on FS1, UniMás and TUDN
Social Media: @USMNT on Twitter and Instagram; U.S. Soccer on Facebook , The U.S. Soccer App
Tonight’s USMNT Starting XI vs. Panama: 1-Zack Steffen, 2-Shaq Moore, 3-Walker Zimmerman, 4-Tyler Adams, 5-Antonee Robinson, 6-Yunus Musah, 7-Paul Arriola, 10-Christian Pulisic (capt.), 12-Miles Robinson, 14-Luca de la Torre, 20-Jesús Ferreira
Substitutes: 18-Ethan Horvath, 8-Cristian Roldan, 9-Ricardo Pepi, 11-Gio Reyna, 13-Jordan Morris, 15-Aaron Long, 16-George Bello, 17-Jordan Pefok, 19-James Sands, 21-Gianluca Busio, 22-Erik Palmer-Brown, 23-Kellyn Acosta
- The U.S. Men’s National Team can clinch qualification for the 2022 FIFA World Cup tonight via two different scenarios: 1) USA win against Panama -AND- El Salvador win/draw vs. Costa Rica -or- 2) USA draw against Panama -AND- El Salvador win vs. Costa Rica.
- The El Salvador-Costa Rica match kicked off at 5:05 p.m. ET and should end right before USA-Panama kicks off in Orlando.
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Christian Pulisic (47), Paul Arriola (43), Zack Steffen (28), Walker Zimmerman (27), Tyler Adams (26), Antonee Robinson (24), Miles Robinson (19), Yunus Musah (15), Shaq Moore (14), Jesús Ferreira (8), Luca de la Torre (6)
- USMNT Starting XI WCQ Cap Numbers (including this match): Christian Pulisic (22), Tyler Adams (12), Antonee Robinson (12), Paul Arriola (12), Miles Robinson (10), Walker Zimmerman, (9), Yunus Musah (9), Jesús Ferreira (5), Zack Steffen (5), Luca de la Torre (3), Shaq Moore (3)
- Tonight’s Starting XI has an average age of 24 years, 237 days.
- The lineup also averages 22 caps and 14 appearances in official competition.
- Gregg Berhalter makes four changes to the USMNT lineup that played to a 0-0 draw at Mexico on Thursday, slotting in defender Shaq Moore, midfielder Luca de la Torre and forwards Paul Arriola and Jesús Ferreira.
- Two of those changes were forced by suspension, as defender DeAndre Yedlin and forward Tim Weah accumulated their second yellow cards of qualifying during the Mexico match. Following tonight’s game, both would be eligible for selection for Wednesday’s qualifying finale at Costa Rica.
- Shaq Moore was summoned to camp as a result of Reggie Cannon testing positive for COVID prior to the Mexico game. The 25-year-old defender arrived in Orlando one hour before kickoff at Azteca and joined up with his teammates upon their arrival at the team hotel on Friday afternoon.
- Luca de la Torre returns to the lineup after earning his first National Team start in the 3-0 win against Honduras on Feb. 2 in St. Paul, Minn.
- Tyler Adams and Antonee Robinson will earn their 12th WCQ caps tonight, jointly moving into a tie for the team lead during the 2022 qualifying cycle.
- Christian Pulisic captains the USMNT for the eighth time tonight. The team is 5-1-1 when Pulisic wears the armband.
- Pulisic is one of four players to score at Orlando’s Exploria Stadium, putting home the opener in the 4-0 WCQ win against Panama on Oct. 6, 2017.
- The other three goal scorers came out of the USA’s 7-0 friendly win against Trinidad and Tobago on Jan. 31, 2021. Jesús Ferreira earned Man of the Match honors that night, registering two goals and three assists. Paul Arriola chipped in with two goals and one assist, while Miles Robinson also nodded home his first international goal.
- Substitute defender Aaron Long also scored at Exploria Stadium, coming in the USA’s 4-1 win against Canada during the Concacaf Nations League group phases on Nov. 15, 2019.
- Goalkeeper Zack Steffen earned his 10th career clean sheet on Thursday in Mexico City. He sits one behind teammate Matt Turner and Arnie Mausser for sixth on the USMNT’s all-time shutout list.
- Starters Tyler Adams, Miles Robinson and Zack Steffen, and substitute Jordan Pefok are all on caution watch. Should any of them receive a yellow card tonight, they will serve a one-game suspension during Wednesday’s qualifying finale at Costa Rica.
- Goalkeeper Sean Johnson and the suspended Tim Weah and DeAndre Yedlin are the three players who did not dress for tonight’s game. Defender Reggie Cannon remains on the roster, but is unavailable for selection after testing positive for COVID prior to the Mexico game.
- The USA is 16-2-6 all-time against Panama and holds a 6-1-2 edge in World Cup qualifying.
- The USMNT holds a 4-0-0 advantage in home qualifiers, outscoring Los Canaleros 14-0.
- Ivan Barton of El Salvador is the referee for tonight’s match. The USMNT is 3-0-1 in four previous matches officiated by Barton: Oct 16, 2008 vs. Peru (1-1 D; Friendly), June 18, 2019 vs. Guyana (4-0 W; Gold Cup), July 3, 2019 vs. Jamaica (3-1 W; Gold Cup), Nov. 12, 2021 vs. Mexico (2-0 W; WCQ).