Concacaf Nations League: USA vs. Grenada - Lineup, Schedule & TV ChannelsQ2 Stadium; Austin, Texas; Pre-Game Coverage: 9:30 p.m. ET on ESPN+, UniMás, TUDN; Kickoff: 10 p.m. ET on ESPN+, UniMás, TUDN
USMNT vs. Grenada
2022-23 Concacaf Nations League Group Stage Match No. 1
June 10, 2022
Q2 Stadium; Austin, Texas
Pre-Game Coverage: 9:30 p.m. ET on ESPN+, UniMás, TUDN
Kickoff: 10 p.m. ET on ESPN+, UniMás, TUDN
Social Media: @USMNT on Twitter and Instagram; U.S. Soccer on Facebook , The U.S. Soccer App
Tonight’s USMNT Starting XI vs. Grenada: 1-Matt Turner, 5-Antonee Robinson, 7-Paul Arriola, 8-Weston McKennie (capt.), 9-Jesús Ferreira, 13-Jordan Morris, 14-Luca de la Torre, 15-Aaron Long, 20-Cameron Carter-Vickers, 22-Reggie Cannon, 23-Kellyn Acosta
Substitutes: 12-Sean Johnson, 18-Ethan Horvath, 2-DeAndre Yedlin, 3-Walker Zimmerman, 4-Joe Scally, 6-Yunus Musah, 10-Cristian Roldan, 11-Brenden Aaronson, 16-George Bello, 17-Malik Tillman, 19-Haji Wright, 21-Tim Weah
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Kellyn Acosta (52), Jordan Morris (47), Paul Arriola (46), Weston McKennie (34), Antonee Robinson (28), Reggie Cannon (26), Aaron Long (26), Matt Turner (18), Jesús Ferreira (12), Cameron Carter-Vickers (10), Luca de la Torre (10)
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers in official competition (including this match): Kellyn Acosta (33), Paul Arriola (31), Jordan Morris (27), Weston McKennie (19), Reggie Cannon (15), Antonee Robinson (15), Matt Turner (15), Aaron Long (11), Jesús Ferreira (7), Luca de la Torre (5), Cameron Carter-Vickers (1)
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers in Concacaf Nations League (including this match): Weston McKennie (7), Paul Arriola (5), Jordan Morris (5), Reggie Cannon (5), Aaron Long (4), Kellyn Acosta (3), Antonee Robinson (2), Cameron Carter-Vickers (1), Luca de la Torre (1), Jesús Ferreira (1), Matt Turner (1)
- Tonight’s Starting XI has an average age of 25 years, 235 days.
- The USMNT lineup averages 27 caps and 15 appearances in official competition.
- Gregg Berhalter makes eight changes to the USMNT lineup that started Sunday’s draw against Uruguay, with defender Aaron Long, midfielder Weston McKennie and forward Jesús Ferreira as the holdovers.
- Forward Jordan Morris and midfielder Kellyn Acosta make their first appearances of the June window.
- Jordan Morris led all U.S. players with four assists and tied for the team lead with Weston McKennie with four goals scored during the 2019-21 Concacaf Nations League,
- Weston McKennie captains the USMNT for the third time tonight and first time since the 2-1 defeat at Switzerland on May 30, 2021. McKennie is the only U.S. player to have appeared in all six 2019-21 CNL matches.
- Goalkeeper Matt Turner returns between the sticks in his third appearance for the USMNT at Austin’s Q2 Stadium. Turner earned Budweiser Man of the Match honors for his three-save performance in the USA’s 1-0 victory against Qatar during last year’s Gold Cup semifinal on July 29, 2021. He kept another clean sheet in the team’s 2-0 win against Jamaica in 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying on Oct. 7, 2021.
- Making his 10th appearance tonight, center back Cameron Carter-Vickers earns his first cap in official competition.
- The duo of Cameron Carter-Vickers and Aaron Long is the 20th different center back pairing under USMNT head coach Gregg Berhalter.
- Also making his 10th appearance tonight, Luca de la Torre earns his third start for the USMNT.
- Set to celebrate his 24th birthday on Saturday, right back Reggie Cannon gets his second start of the June camp tonight. Cannon also started the 3-0 win against Morocco on June 1 in Cincinnati.
- Five players with ties to the state of Texas start for the USA tonight. Kellyn Acosta (Plano, Texas), Reggie Cannon (Grapevine, Texas) and Jesús Ferreira (McKinney, Texas) are all products of the FC Dallas Academy that went on to play for the club’s first team. Weston McKennie (Little Elm, Texas) also played for the FC Dallas Academy before signing with German Bundesliga side Schalke in 2016, while forward Paul Arriola joined the club earlier this season.
- With teams limited to dressing 23 players, defender Erik Palmer-Brown (hamstring soreness), midfielder Tyler Adams (coach’s decision) and forward Christian Pulisic (coach’s decision) are not part of tonight’s matchday squad. Teams are allowed to make five substitutions during three different moments.
- The USA is 3-0-0 all-time against Grenada. The teams played a home-and-away series during the Preliminary Round of 2006 FIFA World Cup Qualifying, with the USA winning 3-0 on June 13, 2004 in Columbus, Ohio, before earning a 3-2 road win on June 20, 2004 in St. George’s Grenada. The last meeting came in the opening match of the 2009 Concacaf Gold Cup, with the USA coming away with a 4-0 victory on July 4 in Seattle.
- The USMNT is 2-0-0 all-time at Q2 Stadium in Austin. The team earned a 1-0 victory against Qatar in the Concacaf Gold Cup Semifinal on July 29, 2021 and a 2-0 win against Jamaica in 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying on Oct. 7, 2021.
- Hector Said Martinez of Honduras is the referee for today’s match. He has previously officiated four USMNT matches: 0-0 draw vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina (Jan. 28, 2018; Friendly), 6-0 win vs. Trinidad and Tobago (June 22, 2019; Concacaf Gold Cup), 7-0 win vs. Trinidad and Tobago (Jan. 31, 2021; Friendly), 1-0 win vs. Haiti (July 11, 2021; Concacaf Gold Cup).