USA vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina
Jan. 28, 2018
StubHub Center in Carson, Calif.
Live Broadcast: 9:30 p.m. ET on FS1, UniMas and UDN
Tonight’s U.S. MNT Starting XI vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina: 1-Bill Hamid; 15-Matt Polster, 21-Walker Zimmerman, 3-Ike Opara, 2-Justin Morrow; 6-Wil Trapp (capt.); 9-Gyasi Zardes, 8-Cristian Roldan, 4-Tyler Adams, 13-Jordan Morris; 17-CJ Sapong
Substitutes: 12-Zack Steffen, 5-Tim Parker, 7-Juan Agudelo, 11-Kelyn Rowe, 14-Rubio Rubin, 16-Russell Canouse,
18-Marky Delgado, 20-Paul Arriola, 24-Nick Lima
- U.S. MNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Gyasi Zardes (38), Jordan Morris (25), Bill Hamid (5), Justin Morrow (4), CJ Sapong (4), Wil Trapp (3), Tyler Adams (2), Cristian Roldan (2), Walker Zimmerman (2), Matt Polster (1), Ike Opara (1)
- Five of the starting XI are products of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy: Adams (New York Red Bulls), Hamid (D.C. United), Morris (Seattle Sounders FC), Trapp, Columbus Crew SC), Zardes (LA Galaxy)
- The Starting XI’s average cap number (including this match): 7.9 caps
- The Starting XI’s average age: 25 years, 310 days
- Six starters are 25 and younger: Trapp (25); Polster, Zimmerman (24); Morris (23); Roldan (22); Adams (18)
- Defenders Ike Opara and Matt Polster make their MNT debuts tonight vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Along with earning his first start at the senior international level, Wil Trapp captains the MNT for the first time tonight.
- Three players appeared in the MNT’s last match, a 1-1 draw at European champions Portugal on Nov. 14, 2017: Adams, Hamid and Sapong
- Six players earned their MNT debuts in previous January Camp friendlies: Hamid and Sapong (Jan. 21, 2012 vs. Venezuela), Morrow (Jan. 29, 2013 vs. Canada), Trapp and Zardes (Jan. 28, 2015 at Chile), Zimmerman (Feb. 5, 2017 vs. Jamaica).
- Nine different clubs and eight from MLS are represented in the starting XI: Trapp and Zardes (Columbus Crew SC); Morris and Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC); Adams (New York Red Bulls); Hamid (Midtjylland/Denmark); Opara (Sporting Kansas City), Morrow (Toronto FC), Polster (Chicago Fire); Sapong (Philadelphia Union), Zimmerman (LAFC)
- Five more players starting on the bench have the chance to make their MNT debuts tonight: goalkeeper Zach Steffen; defenders Nick Lima and Tim Parker; midfielders Russell Canouse and Marky Delgado
- Teams are allowed six substitutions in tonight’s match.
- With both teams dressing 20 players, the healthy scratches from the game-day roster are goalkeepers Alex Bono and Cody Cropper; defenders Danny Acosta, Justen Glad and Brandon Vincent; midfielders Marlon Hairston, Ian Harkes and Brooks Lennon; forward Christian Ramirez.
- The USA has met Bosnia and Herzegovina once before, utilizing a Jozy Altidore hat trick to earn a wild, 4-3 victory on Aug. 14, 2013 in Sarajevo.