CHICAGO (Feb. 23, 2022) – U.S. Soccer today announced its second annual group of SheBelieves Ambassadors. Eight nonprofit organizations will participate in the 2022 program to drive awareness for their mission and share their resources. This year’s SheBelieves Ambassadors will focus on inspiring and empowering girls and women from diverse or underserved communities.
As part of the program, the eight nonprofit organizations will connect with fellow Ambassadors, be promoted across U.S. Soccer’s extensive social media network – including a spotlight feature on a female staff member or beneficiary – as well as enjoy complimentary access to the SheBelieves Summit, presented by Deloitte, and creatively work with U.S. Soccer and Federation staff on bespoke collaborations meeting the nonprofits’ current needs. The SheBelieves Ambassadors program is free for all participating organizations.
“SheBelieves Ambassadors are doing extraordinary work for girls and women who are too often overlooked, underrepresented, or underserved,” said U.S. Soccer President Cindy Parlow Cone. “We are honored to welcome and celebrate this year’s class of SheBelieves Ambassadors, who align with both our SheBelieves mission to empower girls and young women and U.S. Soccer’s core principles of advancing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB). Where our U.S. Women’s National Team inspire us on the field, these organizations inspire us off of it.”
The Ambassadors will be featured on the SheBelieves Hub and on U.S. Soccer videoboards at select U.S. Women’s National Team matches along with an in-venue announcement. Ambassadors will also receive an Ambassadors toolkit with digital materials and information to feature SheBelieves on their websites and social media channels. This year’s class will also participate in a three-part capacity building series focused on organizational and professional development topics of their choosing.
The SheBelieves Ambassadors program launched around the 2021 SheBelieves Cup as a way for U.S. Soccer to unite and elevate nonprofit organizations and influencers with a shared goal of positively impacting girls and women. The SheBelieves Ambassadors operate across a variety of sectors including the arts, STEM, education, community development, and professional development. This year’s theme reflects U.S. Soccer’s commitment to championing DEIB and using its platforms to amplify national conversations fostering DEIB.
THE 2022 SHEBELIEVES AMBASSADORS ARE:
- Black Girls Code - Building pathways for young women of color to embrace the current tech marketplace as builders and creators by introducing them to skills in computer programming and technology.
- Brown Girls Do Ballet- Promoting diversity in the arts through annual scholarships, a mentor network, and community programs to empower young girls, and increasing participation of underrepresented populations in ballet programs through ballet performances, photo exhibitions, and resources.
- Esperanza United – Mobilizing Latinas and Latin@ communities to end gender-based violence through supporting Latin@ survivors, families, and communities to gain greater safety, connectedness, and self-sufficiency.
- National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance (NQAPIA) - empowering LGBTQ Asians and Pacific Islanders through capacity building, policy and advocacy advancing intersectional justice and equity, ensuring LGBTQ API representation in research and resources, and supporting a federation of grassroots community organizations.
- Play Like A Girl! - Leveraging sports to build a diverse pipeline of young women in STEM fields by helping more than 1,250 girls annually to build confidence and leadership skills during their critical middle school years.
- PowerPlay - Advancing the lives of girls through sports and helping them grow physically, emotionally, and academically stronger through confidence-building athletics and play.
- She’s The First (STF) – Fighting for a world where every girl chooses her own future, by teaming up with grassroots organizations across the globe to make sure girls everywhere are educated, respected, and heard.
- U.S. Soccer Foundation - Providing underserved communities access to innovative play spaces and programs that instill hope and foster well-being, while increasing girls’ and women’s participation through the Foundation’s United for Girls initiative.
SheBelieves is a platform that encourages girls and women of all ages to accomplish their goals and dreams, in sports and beyond. SheBelieves was originally launched in the run-up to the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup and has since evolved into a special series of events and programming that bring a powerful message of empowerment and that of believing in yourself into communities across the nation.