USA vs. Colombia
Oct. 11, 2018
Raymond James Stadium; Tampa, Fla.
Live Broadcast: 7:30 p.m. ET on FS1, Univision and UDN
Tonight’s U.S. MNT Starting XI vs. Colombia: 12-Zack Steffen; 2-DeAndre Yedlin, 3-Matt Miazga, 6-John Brooks, 17-Antonee Robinson; 4-Michael Bradley (capt.), 23-Kellyn Acosta; 11-Tim Weah, 16-Julian Green, 10-Kenny Saief; 7-Bobby Wood
Substitutes: 1-Brad Guzan, 5-Cameron Carter-Vickers, 8-Marky Delgado, 9-Andrija Novakovich, 13-Josh Sargent, 14-Fafa Picault, 18-Reggie Cannon, 19-Ben Sweat, 20-Wil Trapp
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Michael, U.S. Soccer encourages fans to donate to the relief effort through the American Red Cross. Contribute by clicking here or text MICHAEL to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- U.S. MNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Michael Bradley (141), DeAndre Yedlin (55), Bobby Wood (42), John Brooks (35), Kellyn Acosta (20), Julian Green (13), Matt Miazga (10), Zack Steffen (6), Tim Weah (6), Antonee Robinson (5) Kenny Saief (3)
- Midfielder Michael Bradley captains the side in his first appearance of 2018.
- The Starting XI averages 24 years, 113 days and 29.6 caps
- Having begun with the MNT in 2006, tonight’s match marks Bradley’s 141st international appearance, tying him with Clint Dempsey for third on the MNT’s all-time caps list. He sits behind only Cobi Jones (164) and Landon Donovan (157).
- With the start, Zack Steffen earns his sixth cap, tying the modern era record jointly held by Kasey Keller (1990) and Troy Perkins (2009) for most appearances by a goalkeeper during their debut year with the National Team.
- Eight players took part in last month’s 1-0 victory against Mexico. Acosta, Miazga, Steffen and Weah started the match, while Green, Robinson, Wood and Yedlin entered as subs.
- Kenny Saief returns to the MNT lineup for the first time since playing 67 minutes in the 1-0 win against Paraguay on March 27 in Cary, N.C.
- For the second time, Sarachan deploys a back four of DeAndre Yedlin, Matt Miazga, John Brooks and Antonee Robinson.
- Brooks and Miazga pair in central defense for the third time.
- Dave Sarachan has handed out 18 MNT debuts since last November and 15 in 2018. Substitute defenders Reggie Cannon and Ben Sweat will hope to add to those totals tonight.
- Wood (2 goals), Green and Weah (1 each) have found the back of the net for the MNT in 2018.
- Having provided helpers against Bolivia (May 28) and Mexico (Sept. 11), left back Antonee Robinson leads the MNT with two assists in 2018.
- Tonight’s match against Colombia comes 34 years to the day of the MNT’s first win against Los Cafeteros, a 1-0 victory on Oct. 11, 1984 in Los Angeles.
- Five of the starting XI are products of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy: Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Matt Miazga (New York Red Bulls), Zack Steffen (FC DELCO), Tim Weah (New York Red Bulls/BW Gottschee), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders FC/Crossfire Premier)
- The MNT trails the all-time series with a 3-12-4 mark against Los Cafeteros. The USA won the highest stakes match between the two nations, with current General Manager Earnie Stewart scoring the game-winning goal to help the MNT to a 2-1 group stage win in the 1994 FIFA World Cup.
- The MNT starting XI represents clubs in six different countries: Germany (3), England, France and USA (2 each); Belgium and Canada (1 each)
- With the MNT dressing 20 players, goalkeeper Ethan Horvath, defender Aaron Long and midfielder Jonathan Amon are healthy scratches from tonight’s match. Teams are allowed to make six substitutions.
- Tonight marks the MNT’s sixth match at Tampa’s Raymond James Stadium. The MNT holds a 4-1-0 all-time record and last defeated Martinique 3-2 during the Gold Cup group stage on July 12, 2017.