International Friendly: USA vs. Germany - Lineup, Schedule & TV ChannelsVenue: DRV PNK Stadium; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Broadcast: FS1; Broadcast Time: 7 p.m. ET; Official Kickoff Time: 7:05 p.m. ET
USWNT vs. Germany – International Friendly
Date: November 10, 2022
Venue: DRV PNK Stadium; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Broadcast Time: 7 p.m. ET
Official Kickoff Time: 7:05 p.m. ET
Starting XI vs. Germany: 18-Casey Murphy; 3-Alana Cook, 8-Sofia Huerta, 9-Mallory Pugh, 10-Lindsey Horan (Capt.), 11-Sophia Smith, 12-Naomi Girma, 13-Alex Morgan, 16-Rose Lavelle, 17-Andi Sullivan, 23-Emily Fox
Available Subs: 1-Alyssa Naeher, 2-Ashley Sanchez, 4-Becky Sauerbrunn, 5-Hailie Mace, 6-Trinity Rodman, 7-Ashley Hatch, 14-Sam Coffey, 15-Megan Rapinoe, 19-Crystal Dunn, 20-Taylor Kornieck, 21-Adrianna Franch, 22-Kristie Mewis
Not dressing: Alyssa Thompson
- USWNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (Including this match): Morgan (199), Horan (121), Lavelle (83), Pugh (81), Sullivan (36), Smith (26), Huerta (24), Fox (21), Cook (19), Murphy (11), Girma (9)
- The lineup against Germany features five different players from the XI that started the USA’s most recent match against Spain on Oct. 11. Emily Fox, Sofia Huerta and Naomi Girma return on defense while Alex Morgan and Mallory Pugh are back in the attack.
- This starting lineup averages 56 caps per player with Morgan and Horan the only players in the lineup with 100+ caps. Six players – Smith, Huerta, Fox, Cook, Murphy and Girma – enter the match with 25 caps or fewer.
- Lindsey Horan will earn her 121st cap as she captains the USA for the fourth time this year. Horan, who will be making her 13th start of the year, has gone the full 90 minutes in each of the USA’s last three games.
- Casey Murphy will earn her 11th career cap as she makes her ninth start of 2022. Murphy has seven career shutouts in her 10 caps, the most recent of which coming against Costa Rica in the semifinals of the Concacaf W Championship.
- Alana Cook will make her 15th start of the year as she earns her 19th cap overall with the USWNT. Cook, who was been named to the NWSL Best XI First Team each of the last two seasons, leads the USA with 1,196 total minutes played in 2022 and has gone the full 90 minutes in 11 of her 14 appearances so far this year.
- Defender Sofia Huerta will make her 15th appearance of the year and earn her 24th cap overall for the USA. After making four starts through the USA’s first 10 games of the year, Thursday’s match against Germany will mark Huerta’s sixth start in the last seven games for the USA.
- Mallory Pugh is back in the USA lineup for her 12th start of the year in what will be her 81st cap overall for the USWNT. Pugh leads the USA with 13 total goal involvements in 2022, with a team-high seven assists and six goals, which ranks second on the squad this year.
- Coming off a month in which she was named the youngest MVP in NWSL history and collected NWSL Championship Game MVP honors after scoring the title-winning goal for Portland Thorns FC, Sophia Smith is set to earn her 26th cap as she makes her team-leading 16th appearance – and 16th start – of 2022. Smith, who turned 22 in August, leads the USA with 10 goals on the year and is on pace to become the youngest player to lead the USA in scoring in a calendar year since Mia Hamm did so as a 21-year-old in 1993.
- Naomi Girma, who became the first player ever to win both NWSL Rookie of the Year and NWSL Defender of the Year honors in the same season, is to earn her ninth cap and make her eighth start for the USWNT. Since making her USWNT debut earlier this year on April 12, Girma has appeared in eight of the USA’s last 12 matches and logged five 90-minute performances during that stretch.
- Reigning NWSL Golden Boot winner Alex Morgan will make her 199th international appearance in Thursday’s match against Germany, putting her on the verge of becoming just the 13th player in USWNT history to reach the 200-cap milestone. Morgan will make her ninth appearance and eighth start of 2022 and has scored four of her 119 international goals this year.
- Rose Lavelle will make her 83rd international appearance as she makes her 14th start of 2022. Lavelle has been directly involved in 10 goals in the USA’s last 13 matches, tallying four goals – including the game-winning header on September 6 against Nigeria -- and adding six assists during that span.
- Midfielder Andi Sullivan is set to earn her 35th cap as she makes her 14th appearance – and 14th start – of 2022. Sullivan is third on the team in total minutes played in 202 with 982 minutes of action and has gone the full 90 minutes in four of her last seven appearances for the USWNT.
- After missing the Oct. 11 match against Spain, defender Emily Fox returns to the starting lineup for the USWNT for what will be her 21st cap and 13th appearance for the USA in 2022. Fox has played in 16 of the USA’s 20 matches since the October 2021 FIFA window, making 15 starts during that span.